BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Spinach-Artichoke Dip Quiche


I had a hankering for quiche yesterday, so I took to Pinterest to see what I could find. Nothing was striking a chord...until I came across this idea from Chatty Gourmet.

I'm not above taking help where I can get it and using prepared foods in recipes. Why not? Let's face it...when you're starting with a tub of supermarket spinach-artichoke dip, you're pretty much guaranteed a good result. (Of course, you could make your own if you want to start from scratch.)

What I loved about this was that the fluffiness of the eggs cut the richness of the dip, but kept the general flavor. I used feta instead of the mozzarella she recommended for some tang. 

This was super easy and makes a great weeknight "meatless main" or brunch dish. It tastes dreamy...and much more complex than it actually is. Several co-workers and I just scarfed a piece down for breakfast. 




Printable recipe

1 refrigerated pie crust
5 eggs
1 cup prepared spinach-artichoke dip (like Publix brand)
1 cup half-and-half
1/3 cup feta

Fit crust into greased pie plate. In large bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add in dip, half-and-half and feta. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes (or until center is set). 

1 comment: