BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 15, 2013

My Hiatus


So...my boyfriend of two years passed away unexpectedly six weeks ago today. I have been paralyzed by grief. It has been unlike anything I have ever known.

Patrick was such an absolute joy to cook for, and, every day, I would send him dinner options from Pinterest for him to choose what he wanted me to make. He was a great sous chef, handing me what I needed and cleaning up as I went along.

Afterwards, as I stared into my fully stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer, I thought to myself, "I will never cook again."

And then I remembered. Cooking is therapeutic for me. It sustained me through my divorce, when I made 100 recipes from Southern Living in a year as a distraction and blogged about it to keep me accountable.

And it will help again.

I have a few recipes to post from before he died, and I have vowed to return to my kitchen, which brings me so much pleasure, and cook again. He would want this.

I am back.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're back to your kitchen - love reading what you write (and seeing what you cook!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending a hug and my deepest sympathy, Jill.

    ReplyDelete