BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 15, 2012

OBG: Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole


On the nights that I cook, I've been so focused on trying new recipes from Pinterest that I neglect the Oldies But Goodies (OBG). So...even though it kind of goes against the intent of this blog, I'm going to start including OBG posts to share my favorite, tried-and-true recipes with you.

This casserole was a staple in my house growing up, so just one bite brings me right back to childhood. My mom and I were talking about it yesterday, and we've always thought about adding chicken to make it a complete meal...but it's just so good on its own, so why tamper with it?

I usually halve the recipe, but if you're feeding a crowd, go all out. I guarantee you won't have one person at your table who doesn't clean their plate.


Printable recipe

2 cups Minute rice, uncooked
2 10-ounce boxes frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 8-ounce jar Cheese Whiz
1 stick butter, melted

Stir all ingredients together and pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment