BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pizza Pie


Well, I pretty much had the "kitchen closed" sign hung in my kitchen for the month of May. Softball games, recitals, end-of-year programs, a sick (but now better) father...I did a lot of eating away from home.

But, now I'm back to the (fun) task of cooking what I pin. I keep finding so many great recipes out there...starting with this Lasagna Pie from The Not So Desperate Chef Wife. I renamed it since it doesn't have noodles and tasted more like pizza. I get the reference, though, since it has ricotta.

Warning...it's going to fill your pie plate to the brim, and you're going to be thinking that it's going to overflow, but rest assured. It doesn't. 

I'm a huge fan of crescent roll dough, and it added a nice sweetness to this dish. Meaty, cheesy, creamy...and the house smelled heavenly. It cut into slices nicely and heated up well the next day. Win.



 Printable recipe

1 12-ounce can large crescent roll dough
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning


Grease a pie plate and line bottom with crescent rolls. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven and top with meat and 1 cup of cheese. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes, enough to just melt the cheese. Remove from oven and spread ricotta over pie evenly. Pour marinara sauce over the top, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, add last cup of cheese, and sprinkle remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

6 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this recipe. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you tried it and enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned this a while ago and just tried it tonight. The crescent roll wasn't cooked enough and was gooey. Did you mean to say 8 oz. instead of 12 oz.? Or cook it longer than recommended? Anyway, it failed for me and I followed the recipe exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this post is pretty old! 6 years, almost 7! Great recipe too!



    ReplyDelete
  5. Fatty foods: Milk is good for health but it should not be consumed with all fats. However, skimmed milk is not so harmful for diabetics. In this category, you should avoid cheese, ice-cream, and butter cakes. little caesars for diabetic pizza

    ReplyDelete